Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

I was lucky enough to receive an early Christmas present, a brand new Bosch mixer. Many of you know I looooooove to bake. Not really cook, but bake. I don't like fixing dinner, but I love making bread, cookies etc. So I have been having tons of fun with my new mixer. I've been making banana bread, white bread and rolls, sugar cookies and today I tried for the first time pumpkin chocolate chip bread. My boys gobbled down 1 1/2 loves before dinner! I have been looking at a few different recipes and decided this one was best. I actually combined a couple different ones and it turned out perfect. I wish you could smell how good it is. Below is the recipe.
1 (15) ounce can pumpkin

4 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2/3 Cup water

4 cups white sugar

4 cups flour

3 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 pkg. milk choc. chips

Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar. Then add dry ingredients. Pour into 4 greased bread pans. Bake on 350 for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. This bread freezes well too.

Happy baking everyone.


5 comments:

ClistyB said...

I come from Kitchen Aid stock myself, but if I had the extra cash lyin around I would totally buy a Bosch mixer. And I heard that the new model is WAY cool with all these improvements.
There is a Bosch store opening across from the Cafe Rio near us. I am excited to see what it is like.

Hollyween said...

I totally want one of those mixers. I miss your cooking! You always made the yummiest treats.

Thanks for your comment on my blog about my Grandma. That means a lot to me.

West Family said...

Cute new page! I love to bake also. I am going to make your bread, but I don't have 4 pans so I will make a tiny batch! Have fun with your new toy!

West said...

yummy! I have always loved your cookies! I will never forget the cute cookies you made for Tayton's baby shower they were so professional(hey, maybe you can open up a bakery! -in your free time of course!) your a great baker!

Til said...

I can smell this right through the computer screen! Have it printed off and hope to bake this this week!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!!