Friday, May 2, 2008

OH ME OH MY

I have been so busy lately. And if you saw my laundry piles you would have no doubt. For the past few months I have been helping my sweet hubby finish editing his book, which will be its own post in a few days. And I've been making purses like crazy. Let me explain... I have been sewing tote bags for the past year, just a few. But last week I finished one that was especially darling. Well I have been getting so many compliments on it and people asking where I bought it that I thought maybe I would try selling them. The lady that cuts my hair said I should bring them into her salon to sell. So after tinkering around with a pattern that I liked I have made some to try out. I have always wanted to do something like this and a while back I even came up with a name. When I was little my mom would call me "Zinney Lou". I have no idea where it came from. So the name I want to sell the purses under will be Zinney Lou Totes. I have no idea if they will sell but I'm gonna give it a try.
This was the one people had interest in.



I'll let you all know how it goes. Even if they don't sell I'll have birthday gifts for the next few years.

11 comments:

ClistyB said...

very cute April, what is your retail price gonna be?

Hollyween said...

April, you're multi-talented. I love your totes and OF COURSE THEY'LL SELL!!

You should also see if you can get a space at The Quilted Bear and Rainbow Gardens.

And since you love sewing SO MUCH, wanna help me with my hideous window seat? I cringe every time I look at it.

West said...

I love all of them...you will do well I am sure! I wish I could sew. Ps I haven't been busy much at all and my laundry piles are insane!!

Jennie said...

Darling!!! I love them. I think you will have a hit on your hands. How much will you sell them for? You can pass some our ward's way to sell at our fundraiser...wait, all the $$ will go to our youth program, so you couldn't make $$, but the exposure might be great. Anyway, I would love to buy one!

Anonymous said...

u soul go to conners school and try to sell some so meny kids and perents will by them I know I would!!!!!!!!!

Hollyween said...

Um, can I comment about how funny I think the 'secret admirer' comments are? They're cracking me up!

deesha said...

Those are adorable! I am not surprised that you did them! Are you selling them at Dani's thing next week? Or on Etsy.com? Cuz you should!

Jennie said...

Ok, I just saw one on a lady at Winegars today that looks just like the orange one (2nd down). I would have stopped to ask but she was far and Ruthie was heading right out of the store...

Til said...

D-A-R-L-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are so cute!!! How much are you selling them for???? Very talented! You go girl!

West Family said...

I want one of each, please!!!

Anonymous said...

"thanks hollyween" as you can tell I am a secret admirer of CONNER he is so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!