Sunday, April 27, 2008

Signs of Spring

Today has been a beautiful day. The temperature is just perfect. I was sitting outside earlier enjoying the sun and noticing all of the tell tale signs that Summer is right around the corner.


#1


Little boys chasing butterflies with their net they just had to have from the grocery store.


#2
My Lilac bush I planted last year sprouting new buds.

#3
Dirty little boys running around having just gobbled down their weight in Oreos.

#4
My beloved Hollyhocks coming back to life from a very long, cold winters nap.
#5
Spring decor hanging on the front door.


#6

And of course my neighbors beautiful green lawn springing life next to my sad brown grass.

Yes mine is on the left. I think he fertilizes just to make us look bad.





OK, this might be a sappy post but it really is a nice day. My Mom has a saying she uses a lot and I'm going to try to adapt it to my life this summer:

"I expect some new phases of life this summer and will try to get the honey from each moment..." ~~~Lucy Stone

4 comments:

West said...

I love spring!! I wish I could bring Tayton over to catch stuff and eat treats with Porter! I am missing SLC with this nice weather!!!

Jennie said...

I love days like that! I just wish they would stay!!

Til said...

Very pretty! Your home looks lovely! And that Chocolate face....definitely cute!

sharon said...

It's tell tale. I have been noticing the blossoms on all the trees. When are you going to ride Front Runner up here? It's going to be a great summer.