Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I AM NOT A GRANDMA!!!

It all began back in January of "04. I walked into church holding my beautiful new baby boy, all decked out for his blessing and a man walked up to me and said,"Oh, I didn't know you had a grandchild that young." Keep in mind I was still having major after baby blues. To keep myself from crying I convinced myself he must have been blind.

But then a couple months later I was at a park, again with Porter, and an older couple, admiring him said to me, "are you the grandma or the momma?" As soon as I got home I threw away the shirt I was wearing. My sister, Julie said it was too grandma-ish. Well since then it has happened 2 more times. Then last week I was at RC Willey looking into a new dining set. I told the sales lady I had a friend who just bought the same one. Later in our conversation she asked me when my daughter had bought it. Oh my FREAKIN' heck. No more excuses, I must look older than I realize, I'm only 37. I try to dress hip but clothes these days are made so tight fitting. Even the larger sizes. And I simply will not give up my comfort. SO... I decided to go to a real hair salon, not a great clips, and see what they could do for me. The sweet gal, (who ended up being in my old ward and is now in Regale Country, I think her name is Carly) helped me pick out a sassy cut and bold color. At least it is bold for me. She took about 3 1/2 inches off, added layers and stacked the back. I think it is blonder in person. The picture doesn't show as much of the color for some reason. I think I like it, and I really hope I don't get called a grandma again. I know I will cry......

Thanks for indulging me everyone.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

You sooo don't look like a grandma!! You're my age for gosh sake!! Your new doo is awesome! I actually always have thought of you as a very stylish person. I know Carly! Glad you got a great cut!

Til said...

You look Young, hip and fresh! Great new do! I am 43 and I know exactly how you feel!

Amber said...

Hi April!
I was happy to see your in the blogging world. Your hair looks Darling!! Some people make the dumbest comments sometimes. I get tonz too. By the way you have the Cutest Boys. I'm sure you are so proud of them. I always wanted a boy. Girls are Crazy!! Tell your Sisters 'Hi" for me. Take care. Thanks for saying Hi.

West said...

I like the new hair...don't let those fools get you down..your so dang cute! I have a hard time thinking your old enough to have a 17 year old!! let alone a grandchild (:

ClistyB said...

That is a great style on you! Stomp on their feet next time someone indicates you are older than you are.

Hollyween said...

People are so rude. Like the time the guy told me when I was 6 months pregnant with Levi that I looked like I was having twins and due ANY DAY to deliver them. Nice.

Cute hair! Who's Carly? Do I know her and it's just not ringing a bell?

sharon said...

It is very darling. I can't wait to see it in person. When can you come out here so we can go to Gardner Village? You certainly don't look like a grandma, people just start talking before they think. I hate it when I do that.

Love, Mom

West Family said...

Hello! We finally have our computer back! Your recent blogs are so cute. I love the new hair and you are NOT a grandma. People are dumb. Why in the world would you ever asume anything like that. I had group of people over a few weeks ago and this girl really was days away from giving birth and I still didn't dare ask! (It was the first time I had met her and didn't know she was pregnant)

deesha said...

April! I found your cute blog throgh Clisty! I love your new haircut!!! And I was there in '04 and you did not then, nor do you now look like a grandma. People are clueless.