Thursday, March 27, 2008

A little "This N That"

A couple of weeks ago there was a sign up sheet going around in Relief Society to help a lady in our ward organize her house. My house might not always be clean but I do loooove to organize. So I signed up. 3 of us met at her trailer last Saturday. The Relief Society president (whose heart is seriously made of gold) met me outside and told me to "prepare myself". I started to get a sinking feeling and wonderd what I'd gotten myself into.....
Have you ever seen that show where the 2 British women go into the most hellish of homes where you can't walk or for that matter even take a breath. Well that's what we had staring us in the face.
My heart broke for this poor lady. She was very humbled to have us there. We got a tich done but will have to go back several more times. She has been through a lot over the years. But if the church can't help, who will?
Anyway, when I got home (after a couple of shampoos) I decided to do some deep cleaning of my own. First was the closet. Do any of you have "skinny" clothes? (or in my case "not so fat clothes") Well I have a ton. So out they went!!!! I filled 3 bags full of clothes I never wear. Once the bags are gone my closet will be too empty. I guess I'll have to go shopping to reward myself. I got the shoes,on top of the bags, at Pac Sun. Who was I kidding??? I couldn't even walk in them.
Next will be kitchen cupboards and then maybe the garage.

Onto more fun things...

I stopped into my favorite little boutique today trying to get some ideas for Enrichment. I found these two darling spring crafts. I think I'll be able to recreate them and have the ladies make them in May.

It's hard to tell from the picture but they're are about 18 inches tall. Which do you like better?

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Good for you!!! What a feeling to clean things out. What a project to clean someone else's house out, too. Did you throw a lot away?

I loooove the lady bug! I also looooove the watermelon! I would choose the lady bug, though, because I already have a watermelon to hang!

Hollyween said...

You know I love ladybugs!

Okay. I'm truly touched by you helping out your neighbor like that. I wonder if I would have done the same. I doubt it. I need to serve more. You're amazing!!!!

sharon said...

They're both darling. Thanks for the cute background on my blog. It's so nice to have children that are clever, creative, helpful, generous,loving, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. Woops, I got a little carried away there. I do have the perfect children though. However Robyn and I might be chopped liver for the next few days. Hopefully it won't be too painful.

West Family said...

Hey! I love the lady bug, but I have them on my mind lately. For Gabriella's first birthday (only 2 weeks away!) we are having a lady bug birthday party. You know our little "lady" is turning one...

Anyway, I wish I could think of Spring--it snowed again yesterday...

You are a saint for cleaning for that lady, my house is next! You have inspired me.