Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Woman Who Makes My Holidays (and Life) so Enjoyable

With my failing health this year and the serious illness that I survived I had the opportunity to think a lot about my wonderful wife. I realize that I can't adequately express how grateful I am and how lucky I feel but in this blog entry I have the chance to try to express my deep appreciation for my wife. I have heard it said that everyone needs at least one person to be totally crazy about them. April has always been that person for me even though I haven't always deserved it.

April has helped me create a life that is more fulfilling and of greater value than I had ever imagined possible. When I was a little boy I never even dreamed my life would be what it is today. But then again, I never dreamed I would meet someone like April. When she met me I was of little use to anyone and was lost. She somehow saw my value and helped me work to understand it for myself.

What a wonderful holiday season it has been and how blessed I feel to have her in my life and to have my wonderful sons around me. I often tell my sons that they will be lucky to marry half as well as I did. They don't know how lucky they are to have her as a mother.

No doubt it will embarrass April to have this on the blog but I want all of the people that she interacts with to know how I feel about her. She took care of me and helped me save my soul when she met me. And this year she saved my life. I hope she doesn't get tired of saving me...it seems that it is turning out to be a standard part of her job.

In this time of the year we have the opportunity to share with our loved ones how much they mean. Don't miss this opportunity. You never know if you'll have another chance. So here is my expression of deep love, appreciation and respect for April. Each day she stays with me I am the luckiest man in the world.

4 comments:

Hollyween said...

April truly is the greatest. No argument there. She's been such a great friend to me.

How sweet of you to dedicate an entry to her.

Oh and the blog background looks great. You guys look like babies in your wedding pic. SOOO cute!

West said...

April-James you guys are too tender!! I feel the same way about my husband...couldn't have married a better person, father, man!
I am so happy to be part of your family...you all are such great examples for the rest of us.

West said...

Almost forgot...how did you get that cute template with your picture in it??

West Family said...

Ohhhhh! That is so cute. April is so way cool. I smile every time I think of her.