Thursday, February 14, 2008

Follow up...


So the girls are safe and sound now. I say "girls" because at the time I didn't know that Bailey's little sister Sydney was also on the bus. My sister never mentioned her because Bailey was the one so upset. Apparently Sydney thought it was fun - go figure. She is only 7. A man living near by saw it on the news and got a friend and the two of them drove big trucks to the bus and started unloading the kids. They took them all to a church house and fed them. From there Bailey and Sydney ended up at a friend of a friends house and eventually got home around 1:30 a.m. What a day! James training seminar was in American Fork. It took him 3 hours to get from there to Draper. Then we had to drive all the way home to West Haven. I don't want to do that again...

3 comments:

West said...

That is crazy!! CRAZY!!! CRAZY!! I never want to be in that much snow..and yes, what a long day. the girls will always have that fun story to tell tho'.
( :

West Family said...

When I told Mariah and Samantha about it, Samantha almost started crying. I had to assure them that they were okay and then assure them that if that ever happened to them I could walk to them because we live so close to the school. What a day!

Hollyween said...

Oh good! I'm glad I read this one first before the entry below it! So glad that the girls are safe and sound. Just think of the stories they'll be able to tell!