Friday, February 22, 2008

Our Wonderful Weekend

Ooooh, look at the babies....
As you know James and I spent the weekend in Salt Lake for our 19Th anniversary. It was a much needed escape. Our dinner at the 5 All's was magnificent!!! First we started out with yummy soup then the delicious meatballs then the fantastic bread sticks and clam dip, then came the pineapple drink, followed by a delicious salad. (I was ready for the check by now) Then our scrumptious entrees came. I had the Chicken Kiev James got the Steak and Lobster. YUM! Of course no one can ever finish it all but you can't leave with out ordering the BEST cheesecake in the world! Then... they give you each an almond cookie. I really need to get the recipe for those. After dinner we waddled to a movie at the Gateway. We saw Jumper. It had all the fixins' of a great movie but the lack of story line and giant holes left us scratching our heads.
Our stay at the hotel was one of the most relaxing times in my life. We closed the curtains with those black out shades and I'm embarrassed to say this but we slept in 'till almost 2. (Is that a sin?)
We got lunch one day at Litza's Pizza on 7Th east and 4Th south. We used to go there all the time in High School. They had a menu framed on the wall from 1987 the exact year we went there. Our favorite thing to order is garlic bread with ranch for dipping. The price in 1987 for 4 pieces was .95 cents. Now it's $2.45. Crazy.

My next post will be a trip down 19 years of memory lane.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Oooh..Fun. Glad you had a good time. I have black out shades in my kids' rooms and they are still up at 6 am. Sounds like the food was wonderful. Enjoy the next 19!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! By the looks of that picture, you married Conner! Never realized how much he looks like his dad! Almost a little creepy! just kidding! Sounds fun. Our 20 year is on Tuesday. Hope it goes as well! I like the sleeping in til 2 thing though! Glad you had fun!
Belinda

Hollyween said...

Soooo cute! I'm dying over that wedding picture! Your hair is to die for.

West said...

How fun!! Sounds great..makes me hungry tho...ha ha ha

West Family said...

I love it! How many Hawaiian dances did you go to? You are both and still are adorable!