Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yummy Desserts



My friend's son is having his mission farewell today. I told her I would bring some food ever for the get together after. ( you know you're old when your friends kids start going on missions...) I ended up making 2 desserts, chocolate covered strawberries, and something I saw the other day and figured out how to duplicate them. By the way Kent's has their 2lb. strawberries on sale for $1.99 and chocolate chips for $0.89. What a bargain!!! The yummy chocolate thingys are soooo easy. You just make a batch of chocolate cake mix cookies (I cooked mine in a mini muffin tin) cook for 10 minutes and right when they come out of the oven stick a Hershey's Hug into them. Easy as can be. The cake mix recipe is:
1 cake mix

1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup oil

1 egg
Bake on 350 for about 10 minutes. Shorter if you just bake them on a cookie sheet.

I doubled the recipe and it made 72 cookies.
( Thanks Holly for the cake mix recipe. Yours is way batter than mine.)


2 comments:

Hollyween said...

Wow, I'm flattered that you credited my name. That IS a delicious recipe, but I have to say that you're creative in using it for mini-muffin bites of cookies. YUM!!! SOOO NOT on my WW plan.
And was this Candi's son? I feel horrible for missing it if it was. I had to sing with my sisters in my mom's branch.

Momma Ballou said...

Holly,
It was Candi's son, Carson. I missed it too, James had a sick weekend. Give her a call some time, she's a bundle of nerves as you can imagine. He leaves Wed. for the M.T.C.

I hope your performance went well.